Re: [tlug] GPL non-sense

>> So what happens is that corporate legal wants a EULA stating:
>> "grants you the non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right and
>> license to install and use this Application solely and exclusively for
>> your personal use."
>
> That does not seem to be compatible with the GPL and does not seem to be covered by the article you quote by any stretch of the imagination.

Good news!  I was able to push them to see an external lawyer. (This
surprises me as they do have open source firmware [but I guess that
part is only a tiny tiny part of their business so whoever got
assigned this task likely had no familiarity with gpl3]).

Now the EULA reads "encourages you to install and use this Application
solely and exclusively for your personal use." and we're planning for
the public facing repo to only use non-protected (by trademark etc )
images.  I guess they can change that later if they choose so maybe
I'll limit my time investment.  At least it'll be easily usable for a
while.  I just argued if you don't, people won't take the time to take
your name out and where will that leave you -- chasing them down?

Sorry for being anxious and gloomy about things.  I just feel anxious
when I see something I care about maybe have trouble.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your understanding.  I
certainly lack it at times.

Shawn