Re: [tlug] Removing CUPS from ubuntu

> On the other hand, I know of many people I consider veritable Unixgods
> (I can think of 4 of them on this list) who have switched to Ubuntu,
> because as they age, it's less fun to configure a system, and they want
> to just throw something on and have it work.

Except for the Unix God bit, that describes me. Almost everything just
works (dell notebook wireless card is proving stubborn though) and
googling for solutions is usually successful.

When I try to delete stuff I just stop when the ubuntu-desktop
dependency comes up, or get a whole list of other packages that need to
be deleted. (E.g. I install thunderbird and want to uninstall evolution,
but I can only do away with half of it, as some bits are wrapped around
Ubuntu's heart.)

>> 2. How do I remove CUPS without removing ubuntu-desktop

If you care you probably don't want me to using ubuntu (which I think is
the conclusion you've already come to).

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)