Re: [tlug] Ubuntu on just 256 MB?

David J Iannucci writes:

 > Perhaps so historically, but I can't recommend KDE for this
 > application....

OK, well, I have to concede that since I don't use it for much any
more.

 > 3.x has been abandoned by upstream, so you won't find it in a more
 > up-to-date distro (which I'd think you'd wanna run for security
 > reasons if nothing else),

On a netbook?  As long you don't allow incoming connections, even
today you're reasonably safe, I should think, even if you do have a
recent but unpatched Linux kernel.

But then, I do all my sensitive work on boxes that don't have network
connections at all, so I don't worry terribly much about my net-facing
boxes.