Re: [tlug] Ubuntu on just 256 MB?

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 02:17 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
<stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Since this is for someone who apparently needs handholding, Kubuntu
> might be a reasonable alternative (KDE/Qt was generally somewhat
> faster than GNOME in my experience, although I haven't actually used
> anything except Kmines in about 5 years ;-).

Perhaps so historically, but I can't recommend KDE for this
application.... 3.x has been abandoned by upstream, so you won't find it
in a more up-to-date distro (which I'd think you'd wanna run for
security reasons if nothing else), and KDE4 is a resource pig.... and
not ready for prime-time on top of that. MHO.

Dave