Re: [tlug] Installing Linux on a windows machine without a CD?

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 19:43, Ian Barwick <barwick@example.com> wrote:
> 2010/9/24, Nicolas Limare <nicolas+tlug@example.com>:
>> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 12:07:56PM +0200, Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've heard of this one. I haven't tried it myself as I don't have
>>> MS-Windows ;-)
>>> http://goodbye-microsoft.com/
>>
>> There also is a Debian version, but I'm not sure of its freshness:
>> http://goodbye-microsoft.com/pub/debian.exe
>
> For Ubuntu there is Wubi: http://wubi-installer.org/
>
> I have not tried it, just vaguely aware of its existence.

I have used it and recommended it as a "good way" to wipe an OS that
you have limited administrator access (to boot Linux then use shred).

Haven't used it for proper installation, but it should work. AFAIR, it
modifies boot.ini and allows you to boot into linux, then you can do
normal network install.

Kalin.