Re: [tlug] Laptop repair: backlight

On 09/22/2010 10:43 PM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
2010/9/20 Jean-Christian Imbeault<jc.imbeault@example.com>:
I kept looking and my perseverance eventually paid off when I found a
shop that did it for 7,000 (3,000 labour and 4,000 for the part). Best
of all they did it while I waited, taking only about 40 minutes.

For future reference if anyone else needs some repairs on the cheap I
can heartily recommend this place:

Maxus Computer UpGrade Service
マクサスコンピューターアップグレードサービス
〒 101-0021 東京都千代田区外神田3-6-11
tel:03-5296-0486
tech-support@example.com

http://204.3.198.144/
(for some reason they don't seem to have their DNS working quite right)

Thanks for posting this!  What was the part replaced exactly?  For
Y4,000, I'm assuming the back light - or was that for the whole
screen?  That's a lot cheaper than I imagined it would be.  I had
thought that general repair places avoided working on laptops.  In any
case, I'm very curious what the exact part was.

I'll add a "me too," now that I am the not-so-proud owner of a Thinkpad T61 that got dropped on an edge and suddenly has a four-part screen. If it _is_ the screen, I'm giving these folks a call. Any idea whether they can change case fans, too? The fans in this version were their Achilles heel and IBM wants JPY 13,000 to let you exchange parts yourself or JPY 33,000 if you let them do it for you.

--
CL