Re: [tlug] Laptop repair

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Jawaad Mahmood
<jawaad.mahmood@example.com> wrote:
> I have seen a lot of Thinkpad parts and screens on sale in the back streets
> of Akihabara.  However, are you really sure you want to try to patch it up?

I've seen monitors occasionally, but you have to do it yourself,
right?  I tried changing a monitor myself on an old Toshiba once (I
had two of the same type machine, and was going to use one as a parts
machine), but it was such major surgery getting the lid/monitor
removed, that I ended breaking something and abandoned that particular
project.  Maybe other laptops are easier to perform that type of
surgery on?

Lyle