Re: [tlug] Laptop repair: backlight

I spent most of today walking around Akihabara looking for a place
that could repair my laptop at a reasonable price and had a really
hard time finding something. Most places wanted to charge me between
20,000 - 30,000 yen. Considering the part that needed to be replaced
only costs about 5,000 and I could buy the same laptop (used of
course) for 25,000 I was, to say the least, disappointed.

I kept looking and my perseverance eventually paid off when I found a
shop that did it for 7,000 (3,000 labour and 4,000 for the part). Best
of all they did it while I waited, taking only about 40 minutes.

For future reference if anyone else needs some repairs on the cheap I
can heartily recommend this place:

Maxus Computer UpGrade Service
マクサスコンピューターアップグレードサービス
〒 101-0021 東京都舌皛逅跂勉闕静\xC43-6-11
tel:03-5296-0486
tech-support@example.com

http://204.3.198.144/
(for some reason they don't seem to have their DNS working quite right)