Re: [tlug] Laptop repair: backlight

I think you're right about the inverter. My laptop has all the
symptoms you describe.

I actually had another problem with screen, 3 very thin vertical
lines, so I decided to take it apart yesterday to see if it might be a
lose contact. After a bit of fiddling I gave up since nothing I did
fixed the problem. The laptop was working fine the rest of the day and
only this morning did the screen give out. I'm hoping that means my
fiddling wasn't the cause :)

I'll head off to Akihabara today and hope I can find a cheap repair
place. I unfortunately don't feel confident enough to do the repairs
myself.

Jc