Re: [tlug] Debian rant

> device.  Debian maintainers are saying that to make a package which
> will flash the binary to another device, that we should include the
> tool chain to make the binary in the Debian package, and create it as
> part of the Debian install.

I am a Debian fan and I have been using the distribution for many,
many years now. In fact one of my favorite things about it is the
package management system. I have to agree with Shawn though, I think
the entire idiotology about what the definition of "free" is totally
ridiculous and for the most part is simply wasting vast amounts of
peoples' time. I also fail to see how it has (is?) improving the world
in any way what-so-ever.

I don't know what you are trying to do here so I may be off-base but a
couple of ideas:

1) Would it be possible to put it into "non-free." Which in normal
English would me "things that cost money," thanks guys!
2) How about some instructions that include a bit about how to edit
/etc/apt/sources.list

Cheers,