Re: [tlug] mac mini

JC -> replied to offline.

>  > /me beats off the macfanatics with a stick
>
> What's the stick for?  Are you that good-looking or something?

No, it's not me, it's the unholy use of re-purposing apple hardware
for something other than OSX. Albeit Debian doesn't seem to anger the
hardcore macfanatics so much as elicit a reply such as: "Why would you
want to do that considering that OSX is already a unix system?" Now,
if I were to put something produced by m$ on it, I could get something
much more amusing like: "That's just.... wrong..." accompanied with a
great expression of horror.

> P.S.  As anybody who's run a Mac Server system can tell you, it beats
> Windows with a stick (oh, is that what the stick was for?), but it's
> often not really a great way to run your railroad.

Indeed, I set it up once for an internal office that was 95% macs and
it worked very well, but then again, I only did it because they asked
me to.

I should also probably also state that since OSX came out until,
about, 6 months ago my primary workstation was always a PowerBook 15"
(macbookpro, whatever). But before OSX I mostly ignored apple and I
never considered myself as a mac person. I'd rather follow Neal
Stephenson's view as illustrated in In the beginning there was the
command line. Oooh, I see that it's still available online:
http://www.cryptonomicon.com/beginning.html

P.S. Very well crafted email, Stephen.

Cheers,
Sach