Re: [tlug] dedicated server hosting in Japan?

Hi again TLUGgers,

Thanks for the quick advice everyone. Sasuga TLUG.

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 23:19 +0900, Peter Van der Weeen wrote:

> Earlier this year we switched from Tsukaeru.net to CPI (http://www.cpi.ad.jp/).

Peter may I ask why you switched to CPI? While I was poking around
yesterday I ran across Tsukaeru and they seemed OK, Centos5.4 with SE
support, relatively cheap. However they didn't mention processor speed
or RAID status. Also it seems Tsukaeru will let you add additional
global IPs for 210 a month- CPI charges 5,250 per month for an
additional global IP..

Basically I just want to replicate what I have at home (standard LAMP
with mail, ipsec VPN, run some forums and host some photos of the kids
for the family back home. Oh and maybe someday create something better
than facebook using elgg ;-)

Thanks again everyone.

Regards,
Scott VanDusen