[tlug] Short-term tech employment in Japan?

Hi all,

I'm doing some preliminary research for a friend, he's thinking of
coming out to Tokyo next year and was wondering if there are
contractor-like positions in the Japanese market.  He's done a wide
variety of things, from virtualization to networking (he's CCNP) to
Microsoft Admin stuff.  Essentially what we're wondering is if
contractual work is available for someone with little Japanese
ability.  If there are occasionally positions of this style, then I
wouldn't mind looking into it more, but if it's essentially
impossible, it'd be nice to know before investing a lot of time and
effort into searching.

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated!

cheers,

-Gloria

--
"Things happen; it doesn't matter how they happen. It's not what
happens but how we react to the event that's important. The event is