[tlug] Found some shops that sell laptops without an OS

TLUG,

Just thought I'd share this info. A while back I said that after looking around, Dospara was the only shop I found that sold laptops without an OS.

I've found a few more. I don't know anything about their quality or service. However, I figured it was worth spreading the word about them in case anyone, like me, is adamant about not purchasing Microsoft products when getting a new computer.

http://www.faith-go.co.jp/pc/note/
http://www.pc-koubou.jp/pc/notebook.php
http://www.twotop.co.jp/lineup/?cat=37

With some of them, like PC Koubou, not every laptop can be selected without an OS, but enough can.

I'm considering getting a laptop from one of these places, as the specifications and price seem reasonable and within my budget.

My only hold back is that I like to hold and feel a laptop first so I can be sure it's as portable as I need it to be. So I'm looking to see if they have an outlet anywhere in Akihabara where I can examine them.

--
Dave M G