Re: [tlug] wireless router: beginner advice

Thanks to Stuart, CL, Dan and Francois for the advice.

> The two models you mentioned are really designed for different purposes:
> the Buffalo better serves as a home router/access point/switch, whereas
> the Planex is best as a travel device for on-the-spot wireless network
> needs.

I ordered the Buffalo model and will see how it goes (I suspect the
floors are reinforced concrete, but maybe if placed near the stairs it
will work; that is where we place the wireless phone/fax unit). (I
didn't see Francois's suggestion of the high power model until too late.)

BTW, after ordering I spoke with someone else and they recommended
Buffalo just because it is possible to replace the firmware with linux.

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)