Re: [tlug] Uninterrupted power supply unit recommendations

Yep, as Dan said replacing existing installation in the wall is
expensive, unless you own your house when it might be worth it anyway.
But running a longish wire from a properly grounded outlet to the
machine corner makes sense most of the time. Get a long 3 prong
extension cord that comes with a 2 prong male + green wire, add the
surge protector and plug all your machines there. For additional
safety, avoid laser printers or other (kitchen) appliances on the same
outlet ;-)

After I sent my previous mail, I saw there are quite a few chapo
options from domestic makers (like 800 yen), which will not do much,
since they don't limit over-voltage too much.
For example, if I read it correct this thing will happily let 395V
which will fry some parts at least:
http://www.sanwa.co.jp/product/syohin.asp?code=TAP-SP206&cate=1

I'd suggest looking at the APC site (use the US to get to understand
their surge protector products) and getting a surge protector for
Japan.

Cheers,
Kalin.