Re: [tlug] In the beginning there is GRUB... or is there another?

Hi Dave,

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 09:43:03PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:

> So, as far as I can tell, there is still something in between when the
> motherboard gets ready (including searching for USB drives), and before
> GRUB2.

Did you already change the order of boot-devices in bios
so your harddrive is investigated bevore usb, cdrom etc?

After bios-post devices are initialized, sometimes providing
own output to the screen (network-cards) or even own menus
for interaction (i.e. SAN cards).  You could just testing
remove any pci-cards and for linux booting not necessary
hooked up devices.

Christian