Re: [tlug] In the beginning there is GRUB... or is there another?

CL, Keith,

Thank you for responding.

I checked the boot order, and there is no network boot option that I can see, so I don't think it's that. My boot order checks the CDROM first, then the hard drive.

Also, I timed the delay that I'm speaking of, and it's actually 30 (!) seconds long.

Another possibility I thought of. In going from Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04, GRUB was updated to GRUB2. I wonder if it's possible that some setting from the previous GRUB is lingering in such a way that it is unaffected by the settings I do on GRUB2...?

If anyone has any other thoughts on what I might check, please let me know.

--
Dave M G