Re: [tlug] Die, "Adobe Bridge Workspace File"! Die!

> This is a very small annoyance, but it is... well... annoying.
>
> In Ubuntu, all my plain text files show up in my Nautilus browser
> windows as being "Adobe Bridge Workspace File" under the "File Type" column.

I've blogged, with similar levels of frustration, about this before
[1][2][3]. The "solution" I describe in [1] was to switch to "PC File
Manager". That worked wonderfully, until I was forced to upgrade to
Ubuntu 8.04 [4], and pcmanfm just would not work, so I had to go back to
Nautilus. However the upgrade also seemed to make the extensions problem
go away, and I've not been troubled by it recently.

Which isn't much help to you... The comments in [2] link to this page
which looks like it will give you lots of things to try at least:

Darren

[1]:
http://darrendev.blogspot.com/2009/01/gnome-file-extensions-are-screwing-up.html
[2]: