Re: [tlug] bash and grep and diff

On 15 August 2010 13:57, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> [1]  Of course, there are a lot of refugees from Perforce-land on the
> various DVCS user lists who say it was a pretty horrible experience.
> Maybe you were just as lucky with Perforce as I've been with CVS?

Honestly, I found Perforce as easy to work with as SVN, but I never
had the need to do much exotic merging. One definite weakness was
trying to integrate changes between unrelated branches was incredibly
hairy (where "unrelated" could mean two separate branches off the same
mainline). Git, as I recall, handles this case just fine.

Cheers,
Josh