Re: [tlug] shell

Pier Fumagalli writes:

 > According to one definition (at least the one I found) it means
 > both:
 >
 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_(computing)

I gather you didn't bother to read the notices at the top that warn
that that article is bogus and not authoritative?

Here are a couple more references.  I'll let you decide on what's
authoritative enough for you:

http://www.techterms.com/definition/shell
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/shell.html
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/linux/articles/38289.aspx
    (the comment by Kristen is perspicuous, and given the .aspx
    extension, I wouldn't trust this site to be accurate about *nix)