Re: [tlug] shell

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen@example.com> wrote:

> So you can call Explorer a "shell" if you like, but in a Unix context
> that will just get you odd looks from anybody with a clue.  I bet that
> in a Windows context it will get you odd looks from the clued and the
> clueless alike. :-)

Windows does have a CLI of sorts, even if it sucks.  More importantly,
the question was worded in a general manner that did not include only
Unix.

Then again, I don't think I would call the current versions of
Explorer a shell any longer.  They make it too hard to decouple it
from the underlying OS now.  :P The entire point of a shell being a
shell is that you can (in theory at least) change the shell.

Ok... So my points just give your words more credence. :P

Oh well. hehehe.