Re: [tlug] linux notebooks, virtualization, windows

> I emailed Lenovo sales support to ask if they would be willing to sell
> me a laptop without Windows on it. They said no.

Dude you are so motivated.

How about trying http://www.dell.co.jp/
search for "linux"
you should see two models with non-MS (or BS) stuff:

Dell Latitude 2110
Ubuntu®  Linux®  9.10 Netbook Remix
FreeDOSTM  operating systems
オプションの10.1インチ高精細(1,366 x 768)LEDバックライトディスプレイがコンテンツを見やすく表示
組み込みのマイクアレイと130万画素Webカメラ(オプション)がコラボレーションを実現

Dell Latitude 13
Ubuntu®  Linux®

Yet if you try to buy one, the os screen doesn't offer those choices.
Maybe if you contact customer support.

I can find more with Red Hat®  Enterprise Linux®  WS v.5.3 EM64T

I honestly don't know how to get one though.

If the price of shipping is so high and you can't get one here, what
about a mac?  Lenovo is looking better eh?

Shawn