[tlug] Webcam recommendation for Linux *and* Mac use

My family members back in Canada have been hounding me of late to get
a webcam so I can chat with them over Skype so now I am in the market
for a webcam with microphone that I can use on both my Ubuntu 10.04
system and my slightly old mac mini running OSX 10.5.

I scoured the web to get some recommendations and found quite a few
and decided that I would probably go with the Logitech QuickCam Vision
Pro for Mac. *However* a quick trip to Bic Camera shows that this
model is not sold in Japan ... and to make matters worse most of the
other models I found recommendations for are not sold in Japan. (or
they are but under different vendors/model numbers?).

I really want to avoid buying a webcam just finding out when I try and
install it that it doesn't work on one of my machines, or worse yet,
that the camera works but not the microphone or vice versa.

Can anyone recommend a webcam easily found in Japan (Tokyo) that will
preferably work on both my machines, or at the very least on one of
them? :)

Thanks,

Jc