Re: [tlug] linux notebooks, virtualization, windows

> OK, mine was second hand.  What is your motive for not wanting an OS.
> Most of the laptop arrangements they factor in the cost of the OS ...

With dospara you save 11,000 yen by not getting any OS. At this stage
I'm wondering if anybody else does.

I was chatting with the guy in BicCamera yesterday and he at first
phrased the situation as it is illegal to not include windows. When
pressed, because Microsoft don't allow it. I.e. all the main
manufacturers have agreed to not sell machines without Windows,
presumably in return for a discount. Microsoft must have some really
fine negotiators!

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)