Re: [tlug] My first JSON object [SOLVED]

> Also, stripslashes() is necessary on the PHP side. Though I guess that
> depends on a server's magic quotes settings and whatnot. Works for me,
> anyway.

That code will probably not run on other servers, as magic quotes is
deprecated:
 http://www.php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php#ini.magic-quotes-gpc

If you're able to, edit php.ini to switch magic_quotes_gpc off:
  magic_quotes_gpc = Off

(You can also put it in .htaccess and httpd.conf)

On Ubuntu I added a file in /etc/php5/  (called darren.ini, but you
don't have to follow that :-), where I put that setting as well a
comment slagging off Ubuntu for forcing me to go to this trouble. I also
have this one:
 allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)