Re: [tlug] Used Shops - (After Otto)

Lyle H Saxon wrote:
> Edward Middleton wrote:
>> Lyle H Saxon wrote:
>>> ... Any information on places marketing good used boxes?
>> ... the ThinkPad T61 I bought from be-stock[1] ...
>
> ... Are they selling old-stock new machines, or are
> those used machines?

The one I got was used but they may do both.

> ... I almost have a rule to only buy new
> laptops, since they're much harder to get cheap parts for when things
> go wrong - so my purchasing history to date has typically been (with
> some exceptions) to get used desktop machines and old stock new
> laptops.

The one I got was used.  I guess I will see how it goes.  I didn't plan
on using it while commuting so battery life wasn't an issue, but it
seems to be in pretty good condition anyway.  I replaced the hard disk
with a SSD[1] and it has been great sofare.

Edward

1. http://www.corsair.com/products/ssd_force/