Re: [tlug] Used Shops - (After Otto)

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Edward Middleton
<edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:
> Lyle H Saxon wrote:
>> ... Any information on places marketing good used boxes?
> This isn't a shop-front operation but the ThinkPad T61 I bought from
> be-stock[1] was delivered promptly, in good condition for the right
> price (60,000 yen).  They also offer 1 and 3 year warranty at about
> 10,000 yen a year.  They seem to do desktop machines.
> 1. http://www.be-stock.com/

Thanks!  This brings up another issue - how office workers tend to use
laptops for everything now, instead of desktop machines.  I suppose
it's going to be much harder to get good, inexpensive, desktop boxes
now....

A question about Be-Stock - is that "Be" as in "B" for second level
(like "B-movies")?  Are they selling old-stock new machines, or are
those used machines?  From glancing at the site, I'm assuming those
are new machines.  Actually, I almost have a rule to only buy new
laptops, since they're much harder to get cheap parts for when things
go wrong - so my purchasing history to date has typically been (with
some exceptions) to get used desktop machines and old stock new
laptops.

Lyle