Re: [tlug] My first JSON object

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:43:00 +0900, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

> The biggest advantage (of, say, JQuery) especially for a web developer
> [...] is that [..] just before delivery you boot up windows and test in
> IE6/7/8 and safari and discover that everything works!

Agreed wholeheartedly. It's a huge timesaver and it's why I'm looking
closely at JQuery and JQuery-ui right now.

> The latest JQuery is 24KB.

Compressed. It expands to 150KB, or you can grab the 150KB file direct.

> As a bonus, if you get it from the google URL then many users will
> already have it in their cache so get it for free.

That's a good point, although bandwidth wasn't my major concern. Use of
system resources client side was.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Recorded message on an answerphone: "This is not an answering machine,
this is a telepathic thought-recording device. After the tone, think about
your name, your number, and your reason for calling.... and I'll think
about returning your call."