Re: [tlug] [OT] What's up with online Japanese<->Japanese dictionaries?

On 6/17/10 6:42 PM, Gen Kanai wrote:
the thing that _amazes_ me about Japanese TV is that here's the nation
that invented HD broadcasting, HD cameras, HD televisions, etc. and what
do they use on TV shows (news and variety) _all_ the time?

Paper-based boards to explain this or that.

Yah, I agree. I was very surprised by the TV news when I got here and I think they could use some touching up. However, in the US where the news shows are so ultra-slick and over produced, people loved how Tim Russert covered the elections for NBC while writing on a small white board. Granted, Russert was pretty skilled rhetorically and in handling props, but he surely got attention by going low tech.

Jim