Re: [tlug] [OT] What's up with online Japanese<->Japanese dictionaries?

Martin Killmann wrote:
> Anyway, it's quite interesting to compare popular Japanese websites with
> their US counterparts. Google vs. Yahoo.co.jp is just one example, I can
> also give you:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/ vs. http://www.rakuten.co.jp/
> http://www.youtube.com/ vs. http://www.nicovideo.jp/
> http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/ vs. http://kakaku.com/

Speaking of nicovideo, am I the only one who finds it _really_ weird
when they interrupt the video you are currently watching for some
broadcast announcement (usually on the full hour)?
Apparently not, since "死ね" seems a common comment when that
happens. :)

> On all western designs, I see clearer structure, larger fonts, less text
> overall, less links and less animation.

It's also interesting that when you switch twitter to japanese you
get ads in the upper right corner... (But maybe the english ones are
just blocked by adblock, I didn't check for that...)

And on eplus.jp the session timeout mechanism doesn't seem to be working
properly, it keeps saying 'your session timed out' until I manually
delete their cookies. *sigh*

--
Tobias						PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de