Re: [tlug] [OT] What's up with online Japanese<->Japanese dictionaries?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Martin Killmann <martin@example.com> wrote:

> Anyway, it's quite interesting to compare popular Japanese websites with
> their US counterparts. Google vs. Yahoo.co.jp is just one example, I can
> also give you:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/ vs. http://www.rakuten.co.jp/
> http://www.youtube.com/ vs. http://www.nicovideo.jp/
> http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/ vs. http://kakaku.com/
>

> Martin

Electronics stores are among the worst offenders.

Compare http://www.yamada-denkiweb.com/,
http://www.kojima.net/netshop/index.htm,
or http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/w/kaden/index.jsp to a western
example such as
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/index.jsp or http://www.circuitcity.com/.

I loath to use websites of the Japanese electronics chains. It's
impossible to find the
information I want because I'm inundated with animations and credit
card offers... then
again it's really not that different than going to the store itself.

-Mike