Re: [tlug] [OT: recent legal changes for paypal in Japan?]

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:08 PM, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

I'm just curious... I'd like to hear from anyone actually used Paypal
for transferring money to or from overseas on this.

I do errands here for people.  Usually it involves making arrangements for concert tickets, buying only-in-Japan goods, acting as a forwarding service... you get the idea.  People reimburse my costs and usually tack on the price of a Starbucks frappucino, and they do so by sending me yen using Paypal.  No one's ever been charged anything (well, outside of exchange fees/rates...)

I also use Paypal to receive payments from people for voiceovers I've done for them.  If they pay with a checking account or Paypal balance it's not charged anything.  When they want to pay with a credit card I usually request they tack on an extra amount (I calculate it beforehand for them) to cover Paypal's fees.

Is that what you were looking for?

--
Ai Ling Chow | alchow@example.com