[tlug] Dead Compact Flash (32GB)

Don't remember exactly how it happened. I was transferring
some files to the 32 GB CF thing and decided I didn't have
time to wait for it. Stopped (?) the process and removed
the CF chip. (I don't remember "how" I stopped the process.
I think I clicked "cancel" but I may have just closed the
file browser, in which case I understand _why_ this would
happen, but not why it can't be fixed.)

I can't get the damned thing to work now. Can't even format
it with the disk utility. Always get a "device busy" error. Looks
like it did not get a proper kill signal and now will make any
of my file browsers die trying to read it and I have to "force
quit" the browser.

Any way of reviving this? I had just bought it, and believe me,
these things are not cheap. I hate the thought of throwing
away what that thing cost.

Thanks,
--Ralph