Re: [tlug] VRML model: superceded by X3D?

Dezso Zoltan wrote :
> Flash 10 does and it's not even that bad. VRML/X3D (they are the same
> thing except the format) only specifies the format, so it's up to the
> implementation to provide HW acceleration. X3D breaks down very quickly

That's probably because X3D models incorporate more features
like event handling, isn't it?

> I think vrml/x3d are dead now. Java3D never even caught on. As Johan
> said, your best bet is WebGL and its related technologies like O3D or
> Unity3D (looking forward to the pluginless release).
>
> [1] http://www.x3dom.org/
>
>     >> I like the scene-graph model of vrml/x3d but I don't think this
>     format
>     >> has a future. ...
>     Flash doesn't provide hardware accelerated graphics, VRML/X3D does. I
>     wouldn't use Flash for anything heavy with 3D.

VRML/X3D is widely supported by many 3D content editors,
while O3D is currently just a Web API.

Moreover, Google has announced to unite the standard API
to WebGL which will be a JavaScript interface to 3D that would
be made by anyone actually.
Even I tried creating a 3D function library for JavaScript myself.

Cheers,
Ryu