[tlug] Printer recommendations if I can't fix mine?

I wouldn't get another ink jet, if I were you. I don't think they are worth it.

We have purchased about four personal monochrome laser printers from Dell in the past year or so. I think they are made by HP. The drivers are good on Windows and Macintosh, and the only negative thing about them is that they have kind of cheapish bodies (plastic paper trays seem weak), but they perform well. If you aren't too rough with the trays, you'll be fine.

Many of the color models on Dell's website list Linux as a supported OS, but the enterprise and personal market printers seem to be a little different, so look at both.

--
Micheal Cooper
Miyazaki, Japan (GMT+9, no DST)