[tlug] Printer recommendations if I can't fix mine?

TLUG,

My Canon Pixus iP3100 printer is no longer printing colour correctly. It prints everything in shades of blue.

Well... black and white printouts still come out fine. Just if there's any colour, it goes off.

I looked around online and found people recommending that it might just be a matter of cleaning the something-or-others in the printer. However, the cleaning instructions were beyond me.

So...

Unless someone here knows of a reliable printer cleaning/fixing service that is cheaper than buying new, I'm in the market for a new printer.

Has anyone bought a good printer that is 100% Linux (Ubuntu) compatible recently? Any recommendations in the 10,000 to 20,000 yen range?

I don't have any special needs. I think these days any printer will probably deliver acceptable resolution. Linux compatibility (= ease of set up) is the only concern.

And... if I get a new printer, anyone is welcome to my old one for free. Does decent black and white printing, comes with some extra ink cartridges, and maybe you're more handy than me and you'll know how to get the colour working.

--
Dave M G