Re: [tlug] low power home server

Hi,

> I've been keeping an eye on similar devices but I haven't seen one
> that can do all the above. For example SheevaPlug looked interesting
> at some point but raid would have to be over USB and that doesn't look
> reliable enough to me.
> http://www.plugcomputer.org/index.php/us/faq

The GuruPlug, next-gen SheevaPlug, will give you 2 Gb ethernet (good
for a home gateway router) and 1 eSATA (good for reliable and fast
disk access, but not for RAID), plus wifi, 2 USB, 1 microSD, ...

http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-guruplugdetails.aspx

You can run Debian on it, so anything you want to do is possible,
except for the RAID storage over eSATA. I ordered one GuruPlug to use
it at home instead of my current WRT router + NSLU2 NAS
combo. My use case is very similar to yours, except that I rely on
external backups over the network for reliable storage.

--
Nicolas LIMARE
smtp:nicolas@example.com                            pgp:0xFA423F4F