Re: [tlug] Empty databases after moving MySQL data files

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 07:44:00PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> Darren, Romeo, Lewske, Nick,
>
> Thanks to everyone for responding.
>
> I solved one of the problems at least. To get control of turning MySQL
> on and off, I had to go to the MySQL command line and run this:
>
> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED
> BY '<password>' WITH GRANT OPTION;
>
> ... where <password> is equal to the password listed in the file
> /etc/mysql/debian.cnf
> Is there supposed to be a 'mysql' user that I can add to the 'dave' group?

yes, from the fact that you don't have it and from the fact that you had
to manually grant permissions to debian-sys-maint I'd say that something
went wrong when you installed the package.  All that stuff is supposed
to be done in preinst/postinst scripts.

--
mattia
:wq!