Re: [tlug] Home printer suggestions: Demand Postscript

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Naruhiko Ogasawara <naruoga@example.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, Gutenprint.
If one looks at the printer support in the latest releases of
Gutenprint (version 5.2.5 printer support I believe is here:
http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php), there is
much good news for Canon and Epson owners. For Canon, highest
resolution is still limited to 600x600, but for Epson usually the
highest resolutions are available.

For anyone contemplating buying a multi-function device with a
scanner, I would also recommend looking at the SANE project's support
(here the list for the 1.0.21 release currently in preparation:
http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-cvs.html). Many Canon
and Epson devices are completely supported.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug