Re: [tlug] First decent Japanese Android phone?

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 23:58, Nikolay Elenkov <nick@example.com> wrote:
On 03/30/10 22:26, Edward Middleton wrote:
> Anyone with an Android phone got thoughts on this[1] device.  I have
> been holding off getting a smartphone because I don't want to go
> softbank or docomo.

This thing is ugly :) 1.6 is already ancient, and it looks like it has
some sort of custom interface, so expect slow updates.

I tend to agree. I have a Google DevPhone 1 (it came unlocked, so it was handy to use in Japan) but Android 1.6 somehow forced me to move to an iPhone. Almost everything in the market place requires Android 2.0 (especially since the Droid in the US came along).

    Pier