Re: [tlug] can anyone help ..I need to repair my grub ...

From: tlug-bounces@example.com [mailto:tlug-bounces@example.com On Behalf Of
Deepika Ghuriani
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:38 AM
To: Tokyo Linux Users Group
Subject: [tlug] can anyone help ..I need to repair my grub ...

Hello People !

Hope you all are doing good.

I have a dual boot on my system Windows (Vista + 7 ) preinstalled +
Linux-Ubuntu (installed later by me)
Last day when I tried starting Windows it gave some error and started system
recovery after which i couldnt follow much as the instructions were in
japanese. But at the end when i restarted my comp it didnt showed grub to
select the OS from which i want to boot instead it showed-   grub rescue:> .
I tried booting from Ubuntu CD but still it showed the same thing and was
not reading the CD. I cant find any solution to it, can anyone help.

Thanks and Regards

--->
Hi Deepika,
I guess you already have got a lot of answers from other members.
Maybe it would be a good option to restore your MBR from Windows Recovery
Console. I just did this by following instructions from this link.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/fix-mbr-xp-vista/

Needless to say, an ideal situation is to install Linux (Ubuntu) first and
then install Windows on it.

Regards,
Pra