Re: [tlug] [OT] Subtracting two times in JavaScript

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:08:17 +0900, Lewske Wada <ryu@example.com> wrote:

> Whenever you make difference of two different times,
> you need to get everything in UTC as it tries to use the time
> in default time zone (JST-9) if omitted, I think.

This is not a problem because the same offset is applied to both the start
and end times.

Also, it still doesn't alter the fact that Date() expects to see the number
of milliseconds elapsed since 1/1/1970 passed to its creator rather than
the number of milliseconds elapsed between two arbitrary events.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their
home."
                -- Ken Olson, President of DEC, World Future Society
                   Convention, 1977