Re: [tlug] state of the art filtering

Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:47:44 +0100
> Francois Cartegnie <fcartegnie@example.com> wrote:
> > If they are geeky to run their own mta, then should also prove
> > they can set up a correct reverse dns (which is in some way
> > proving they're in control of the host, not a zombie) or set the
> > mta to forward through their isp.
>
> You might be geeky enough to have your own _sending_ MTA running at home
> behind a dyn IP. You might not have the possibility to get static IPs.
> And even if you have a static IP, not all ISPs provide you with custom
> IN PTR entries.

Virtual private servers are pretty cheap though and should be fast
enough for you own MTA and give you a static IP with configurable
reverse-mapping.
(The main reason I use a full root server is because I like to
compile my own kernel and the virtual private server I started out
with at first didn't support tun/tap for openvpn, so I moved to a
real root server.)

--
Tobias						PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de