Re: [tlug] state of the art spam filtering

> * Reject senders listed in RBLs (spamhaus works well)

No it doesn't. :-(

I've had email blocked because the sending IP somehow got in their list.
 Blacklisting is equivalent to JR thinking this: the chikan on today's
train came in through the Shinjuku shin-minami entrance today, so let's
close those ticket gates down.

> * Reject senders with reverse subdomain containing blacklisted works (ex:
> *dyn*.foo.com, *dsl*.foo.com, *ppp*.foo.com, ...)

No it doesn't. What about the genuine people sending from a subdomain
like that? They might be 99% spammers, 1% genuine, but this is still
throwing away real email.

> * Mails to non-exiting accounts goes to blackhole. Never bounce anything.

So, how do users discover they mis-typed an address? Won't they just
assume fcartenie@example.com is ignoring them deliberately?

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)