Re: [tlug] gstewart@example.com mail not working

On 2010-03-15 10:09 +0000 (Mon), Josh Glover wrote:

> I just don't feel that it is on-topic for the main list.

I posit that learning how certain ham-handed attempts at stopping
attackers can hurt the good guys, and showing that there are
alternative, much more polite means of dealing with attacks, is
perfectly on-topic.

If this means that one or two other people take pause before doing the
same thing, it will have been well worth the public discussion.

I think it's also worth reflecting on whether it is polite or not to
send someone e-mail with a From to to which they cannot reply. It's
certainly not uncommon; I get messages from businesses all the time
where the reply address is <DO-NOT-REPLY@example.com>. Perhaps I'm
unique in finding these annoying.

cjs
--