Re: [tlug] power adapters in Japan (and US)

> Many thanks to both Dave and Jim for input.

You're welcome. One important thing I forgot to mention: if all she
really needs is a plug adaptor, as I suspect: if she gets it in Japan
this *might* not be an issue, but if she ends up with one from the US,
the next danger is that the 2 prongs will be polarized(?) - one prong
wider than the other.

If the male end is polarized, it's likely she'll be able to use it
almost nowhere (based on my somewhat outdated knowledge of things in
Japan).  However if the male side is non-polarized (equal width prongs),
the female side will probably be as well, which means her US market
device with (probably) a polarized male plug will need to be *jammed*
into the adaptor with a lot of force. Yuck. I've done this a few times.

I've got two old adaptors that have non-polarized male sides (and female
sides that will accept most US plugs - can't remember if they're
actually polarized or not) and I keep them as treasured family
heirlooms...

I wrote:
> I have a couple nice 3-to-2 adaptors for use in Japan... had
> circumstances allowed I woulda just loaded her one :-)

You knew I mean "loaned", I'm sure :-)

Dave