Re: [tlug] power adapters in Japan (and US)

> Googling indicated that she shouldn't need an adapter for her Aspire
> One, which uses a standard 3 prong laptop adapter

I assume that's a kind of laptop or netbook.  I'm surprised it has a
3-prong plug - most portable machines don't from what I've seen.

> that she did need one, and purchased one when she arrived--apparently
> paying close to $50 USD.

Gack!  We're not talking a transformer here... just a plug
adaptor, right?

> She says, however, that doesn't fit

Good - maybe she can return it?

> If true, what sort of adapter should she get?

I have a couple nice 3-to-2 adaptors for use in Japan... had
circumstances allowed I woulda just loaded her one :-)  If she really
has to pay 5000Y for these things, it'll be cheaper for you to buy one
for $2 in NYC, stuff it in an overnight envelope and send it to her...

Dave