[tlug] Making a shell script output at a terminal

TLUG,

I have a few bash shell scripts that I run often. Little back up
utilities, file renaming, putting lists of MP3 files together.

To run them, I can do it one of two ways. Open a terminal, go to the
right directory, and type in the command. Or, I can double click on the
icon for the shell script in Gnome/Nautilus, and it will run just fine.

The problem with going to a terminal is that I have to open the terminal
and type in the right path and name of the script. A lot of repeated
keystrokes. But the upside is that I get output which can let me know if
there are errors or anything.

The problem with double clicking on the icon is that it runs in the
background with no indication of whether it is actually running at all,
let alone whether or not there were errors. But the upside is that the
icons are quicker to access and doesn't require typing.

So I want the best of both worlds. I want to double click on an icon,
and for it to automatically open up some kind of window that shows me
the output. For fanciness, maybe even auto closes after a certain amount
of time.

Is there a way I get a terminal or some kind of Gnome output that will
pop open when I click on a shell script icon?

Any advice much appreciated.

--
Dave M G