[tlug] Mailing list web archives..... Is this leagal ?

Hi Folks,

Today I was trying to find the solution for one of the issue. While googling I found the number of web sites maintaining same Mailing list web archives. My question is "Is this legal to maintain web archive of different mailing list/group which you are not owning ?" If its not, is there any way to do it legally ? I am planning to start one archive site for all the famous gnu/Linux mailing lists.

Regards,
Tapas